Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bye Bye Johnny and Sons

So we have said goodbye to our little man Johnny and his two sons.  Both of the hatchlings turned out to be roosters.  3 roosters bringing on the morning at 3:30a.m or earlier is not pleasant.  Johnny was becoming rather aggressive and difficult to manage.  We also noticed a change in the girls egg production.  He seemed to change soon after my return to work which I can only assume is linked to the decrease in contact???  I feel as though I have let him and his offspring down however I am confident that they are much happier at their new home - 130 acres just south of Ipswich with a family who rehomes unwanted livestock.  Their poultry free range over their property so hopefully the boys could find their own territory.  I won't forget you fellas....

Peace

xo    

No comments:

Post a Comment